The video may offer a fond reminder of Surrey if you are leaving, or a path to explore if you are staying in the area. Whichever is the case, our team are happy to help you move from Weybridge.
A fair number of our removals, or storage customers choose to have us pack for them, items are carefully handled and time saved. Should you prefer, we can supply boxes and other packing materials, along with any advice you need.
Taking an effective approach to preparing for a move is worthwhile. You want the day to be a pleasure and so do we, by all means ask for any support required, or look through the tips below:
Core Packing Advice
A task list will help, packing can require more than wrapping, or boxing. You may need to dismantle furniture, remove, or swap fixtures and fittings. If tradesmen are needed to assist, allow time to arrange this, as you should for your own input:
- Prepare for packing – Create priority lists, which help to allocate time, identify items you don't want to take and work out quantities of boxes, containers, bubble wrap, or tape you will need.
- Dispose of unwanted items – You could rent a stall at a car boot sale, donate to charity shops, use a real world, or online auction. All are better than packing items you have to unpack at the other end, then dispose of.
- Choose good packing materials – Trying to save a small amount of money can cost more, in terms of damage and frustration. Easy to use, sound materials are a good investment.
- Avoid cross contamination – Whilst physical damage matters, leakage and staining are common removal issues. Check container seals and where possible, keep risky items separate.
- Make sure you are insured – However you prepare, accidents are possible. Talk to your household insurers if packing for yourselves, make sure you are covered for damage, or loss.
Before You Move
- Task management helps – Allow plenty of time to pack, the best way to avoid damage. Choose awkward areas first, such as garages, or attics and finish any room before moving on to the next.
- Mark each box well – Completing rooms individually helps when unpacking and so will clear felt tip notes, or labels on each box. These can include the main contents and degree of fragility, useful for stacking order.
- Wrap breakables carefully – A little extra wrapping, blankets, or cushions are worth the effort. Moving home without any damage really can happen, as long as due care is taken.
- Keep valuables separate- Documents, photos, cash and whatever is important to you often take up little space. A box or two in the car, or specially noted by your removers may make sense.
On Removals Day
Making your new home enjoyable and liveable on day one is possible and your removals staff should help. There will still be different stages to overcome and details which may take longer, so cater for essential needs:
- Be fed and refreshed – A kettle, coffee, tea and ready prepared food for the day can be boxed separately, along with cups, plates, bowls, or utensils. Just take a view that you are going camping for 24 hours.
- Overnight items – Similar thoughts can apply to a bag for each member of the family, towels and bedding. Making the beds up in your new home is a good sign and a useful early task.
- Load items in order – Work with your removals company to see that boxes you would like to be available when you arrive are loaded last, they should be happy to oblige and unload to suit.
- Have tools to hand – A basic toolkit, light bulbs, laptops, phones, or toiletries and medication may be needed at an early stage. Separate packing and late loading also helps for them.
- Avoid domestic chores – Last minute cleaning of your home, furnishing, or clothes will get in the way. Try to ensure you create a 48 hour gap before leaving, to focus on the move.
Enjoy Your Move
Removals day has a reputation for being stressful but that doesn't need to be the case. Good preparation can make this a time you and your family will take pleasure in.
Professional support can assist and checking this will be there is our final tip. If you arranged trades, or other support well in advance, good for you but give them a call the day before to check. Being let down is often not an option.
Your removals company should be equally on the ball and available to help with more than humping items around. Their planning experience can be valuable and should be freely shared.
If we can help with any Weybridge removals, give us a call at any time. Should you be moving by other means, we hope our suggestions helped.