As a Guildford removals company, we get to know a city surrounded by fine countryside, Hatchlands is just one example of tranquil places close by.
Apart from peaceful surroundings, Guildford offers shopping facilities that draw people in from miles around. There is a healthy nightlife for all ages, a theatre, museum, decent rail, road and air travel.
We have moved families in Guildford as far as Singapore and Canada, yet a number choose to move locally, or within Surrey. Access to information helps, there are a few suggestions below for Guildford and beyond:
- Living in Surrey from Surrey County Council is a great starting point for the local area. Their website also has details of schools in the County, community groups and national resources.
- Guildford Borough Council website is a place you may be familiar with, worth digging deeper. A mine of information is tucked away which can be valuable at removal time.
- Surrey Law Society offer access to legal advice, not least help with the legalities of moving house. You may be confident of alternatives but we have seen horror stories where people tried to save legal costs.
- The Environment Agency is a helpful resource and offers efficient on site search. Searching the area you are leaving, or moving to can help with removal planning and local information.
- Guildford Tourist Information offers snippets or links of use to more than tourists, including events. Whether you are moving there, or live in the area, worth seeing what is coming up.
- Visit Surrey offer a similar page and a website to learn more about attractions for those living in, or moving to various parts of Surrey. If you are setting up home in or around Guildford, helpful information.
- The National Trust provide much on the area, including the River Wey, Godalming Navigations and Dapdune Wharf. Guildford is a waterside environment, with facilities locally to suit all the family.
- The Frith Library holds over 300 images of Guildford, from the 1890's to the 1960's. If you live in the area, no better place to see the changes brought by time and interesting wherever you live.
To Aid Your Move
Moving has a reputation for being a stressful and busy time, although a new home can be a pleasure. Planning is key, which includes practical aspects and elements to make you feel at home.
Details of what is enjoyable, or critical to us can be as important as our furniture. Clubs your family use, the nearest wifi cafe, places to walk the dog, especially if you are moving to a new area.
The list is endless, personal but research makes settling in easier. On a similar line, before you move, make a list of everything needed on the day at both ends and pack this as early as possible.
Choose a Guildford removals company who help you plan. Should you consider Farrer & Fenwick, you are welcome to get in touch. If you are already organised, we hope you have a great move.
We simply suggest that you don’t settle for people who do no more than turn up to load a van. They need to be part of a team who work with you, helping you to enjoy your new home as you should.