An efficient removals service comes from good staff, who deserve to be supported and well trained. At Farrer & Fenwick, we believe this training is an excellent investment in the future.
Staff who are comfortable in their work and have the opportunity to develop skills feel valued. They equally help us to maintain the values we want to see presented to our customers.
There are practical reasons for training, safety, care of people's possessions, elimination of accidents, all important but the ethos training helps to create is paramount. We exist to help with a vital day, the way this is approached matters.
A Range Of Skills
A removals service is about more than moving items. Removals staff become temporary custodians of your possessions and need to be able to treat each item as if they were their own.
- Fragile, non fragile and specialist packing are areas we like to see staff well trained in. This avoids accidents and makes moving day a quicker process.
- The use of key handling equipment is important. To move a piano, or commercial equipment, where the right approach is essential to success.
- Fire management, or health and safety matter, they may not come into use often but knowledge brings control to unforeseen events.
Equipping staff with the right skills helps to ensure safety. This is part of every skill, from loading a container, to ensuring documentation is correct, so others understand needs. All staff training could be said to create shared understanding.
Across All Services
Within our Surrey removals business, there are specialist areas. Our dedicated storage unit an example, where a wide variety of items need to be packed and stored in exactly the right way.
Similar principles apply to assessing the risk of moving exceptionally heavy, or awkward items. Managing this in the correct way and avoiding mishaps comes from the skills good training brings.
We could add the unique needs of preparing items for export, or the best way to load a vehicle, or simply the best way to remain aware. Those and others mentioned all contribute to staff skills and to the support staff are able to offer.
Within that lies a final but key development area, customer service training. Whether we carry out a small removal, or one with multiple vehicles, our clients needs count and so does the manner in which support is offered:
Our Key Principles
- Our employees are not just required to adopt a high standard of professionalism, they help their colleagues do the same, by sharing skills and information.
- Apart from this interaction, the company has a duty to ensure all staff are well trained and comfortable with any practical aids they use.
- At the core of this training is the fact removals involve people's possessions. For the time we are responsible, our staff should care for them.
- To ensure the above, our staff are treated as our prime resource. We respect them, encourage innovation from them and provide a safe working environment.
- The wider environment is an equal concern and there is much businesses can do, such as saving fuel by planning, or recycling packing products.
- Businesses impact on the local community. We remain aware of ways this happens and work with the community, to minimise any intrusion.
- Our overriding principle is honesty, with our customers and internally. Any issues which arise are always treated as opportunities for improvement.
The benefit to our staff is a safe, pleasant place to work, which reduces absenteeism, increases care taken over work and helps people go the extra mile. We feel the level of service this brings is of equal benefit to our clients.